-   -   Does a highlight row comand exist for Excel conditional formulas? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/34274-does-highlight-row-comand-exist-excel-conditional-formulas.html)

Jeff

Does a highlight row comand exist for Excel conditional formulas?

I am trying to write a conditional formula and if a certain condition is met,
the entire row will be highlighted. Essentially, I am searching through a
suspense database and if a task is overdue I would like the conditional
formula to highlight the row. Here is what I am trying to do...

=IF(AND(B5<=TODAY(),I5<"Closed"),highlightrowcolo r=yellow,"")

Obviously the "highlightrowcolor" is not a command but if someone knows what
would work I would appreciate it tremendously if you could share that
information.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Bernard Liengme

Select the row
Go to Format|Conditional Formatting and enter the formula
AND(B5<=TODAY(),I5<"Closed"), and set the formatting as needed
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jeff" wrote in message
I am trying to write a conditional formula and if a certain condition is
met,
the entire row will be highlighted. Essentially, I am searching through a
suspense database and if a task is overdue I would like the conditional
formula to highlight the row. Here is what I am trying to do...

=IF(AND(B5<=TODAY(),I5<"Closed"),highlightrowcolo r=yellow,"")

Obviously the "highlightrowcolor" is not a command but if someone knows
what
would work I would appreciate it tremendously if you could share that
information.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Barb R.

Select the rows that you want to format
Format - Conditional Formatting
Select FORMULA for the conditional format and enter this:
=AND($A5<=TODAY(),$I5<"Closed")
Change the format for the cells that meet the condition to the background
color you want.

That should do it.