-   -   Round a number in nested function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33980-round-number-nested-function.html)

kim

Round a number in nested function

Hi
I have a cell that contains a function which returns the average of a set of
numbers. I want the result to then be converted to the nearest whole number
if the decimal is 5 or greater. and down if 4 or less

i.e an average of 3,4 or less would round down to 3 and an average 0f 3.5 or
over would round up to 4.

I have been trying to nest the average and round functions in the same cell.
I can't find a varition of the round function to do this or find anything in
help.
Assitance appreciated.

Bob Phillips

=ROUND(AVERAGE(A1:A5);0)