-   -   how do I ensure that the sum of two cells does not exceed a set fi (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33917-how-do-i-ensure-sum-two-cells-does-not-exceed-set-fi.html)

lennysc14

how do I ensure that the sum of two cells does not exceed a set fi

How do I ensure that the resultant sum of two cells A & B expressed as a
percentage in cell C does not exceed a set percentage of say 150%?

Anne Troy

What do you want to occur if it DOES?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"lennysc14" wrote in message
How do I ensure that the resultant sum of two cells A & B expressed as a
percentage in cell C does not exceed a set percentage of say 150%?

Dave Peterson

=min(150%,yourformulahere)

=min(150%,sum(a1,b3))

for example