-   -   Counting using 9-key pad (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33910-counting-using-9-key-pad.html)

tarakd37

Counting using 9-key pad

Is there a formula or function that will allow you to count within a cell?
For instance, I'm going through a spreadsheet and am wanting to be able to
count this data while in excell. Is there any way to have the keystrokes
counted and continue to count? If I press the 1 then the 2 then the 5 have
the cell sount these and make the value 8?

ScottO

If you're trying to count or add cell values which match some specific criteria, then you could use
the CountIf or SumIf function - refer to in-built help for syntax.
Rgds,
ScottO

"tarakd37" wrote in message
| Is there a formula or function that will allow you to count within a cell?
| For instance, I'm going through a spreadsheet and am wanting to be able to
| count this data while in excell. Is there any way to have the keystrokes
| counted and continue to count? If I press the 1 then the 2 then the 5 have
| the cell sount these and make the value 8?

Peo Sjoblom

You might want to look at this

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"tarakd37" wrote in message
Is there a formula or function that will allow you to count within a cell?
For instance, I'm going through a spreadsheet and am wanting to be able to
count this data while in excell. Is there any way to have the keystrokes
counted and continue to count? If I press the 1 then the 2 then the 5
have
the cell sount these and make the value 8?

Sandy Mann

If the values are in cells then try holding down the control key while you
click into the cells to produce a sum of the selected cells in the task bar.

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk