-   -   Reverse order in column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33630-reverse-order-column.html)

Reverse order in column

I have a long colum on numbers, I would like to put them in reverse order.

i.e. A2 has 101
A3 has 103
A4 has 105

Reversed to:
A2 105
A3 103
A4 101

Etc.

Thanks

Don

Alan

One way is to use a use a helper column,
In column B enter 1 in B2 ,2 in B3 and carry on to the end of your range,
then sort both columns by column B, delete or clear contents of column B
when done
Regards,
Alan
"D" wrote in message
I have a long colum on numbers, I would like to put them in reverse order.

i.e. A2 has 101
A3 has 103
A4 has 105

Reversed to:
A2 105
A3 103
A4 101

Etc.

Thanks

Don

Ragdyer

If they're in numerical order, as your example, simply select them and then
sort them "descending".
If they're not in any order, then add a "helper" column, and number it from
1 to whatever, THEN, select both columns, and sort on the helper column
"descending".

--
HTH,

RD

"D" wrote in message
I have a long colum on numbers, I would like to put them in reverse order.

i.e. A2 has 101
A3 has 103
A4 has 105

Reversed to:
A2 105
A3 103
A4 101

Etc.

Thanks

Don

Aladin Akyurek

In B2 enter & copy down as far as needed:

=INDEX($A$2:$A$4,ROWS($A$2:$A$4)-(ROW()-ROW(B$2)))

D wrote:
I have a long colum on numbers, I would like to put them in reverse order.

i.e. A2 has 101
A3 has 103
A4 has 105

Reversed to:
A2 105
A3 103
A4 101

Etc.

Thanks

Don

--

[1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
their Excel numeric equivalents.