-   -   Creating Palette Labels at work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/335166-creating-palette-labels-work.html)

boorman

Creating Palette Labels at work

Hello, I am currently trying to create either a forumla or macro that will
create a palette count within excel. Each Palette holds a max of 60 boxes.

The database has a row for each box in it but the final pallet has a variable
amount of boxes on it.

I need the result to count in increments of 60 unless there is a blank row in
the database. ie, 60 "1", 60 "2", 60 "3", 45
"4".

I hope this makes sence.

CellShocked

Creating Palette Labels at work

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 07:12:19 -0600, boorman
wrote:

Hello, I am currently trying to create either a forumla or macro that will
create a palette count within excel. Each Palette holds a max of 60 boxes.

The database has a row for each box in it but the final pallet has a variable
amount of boxes on it.

I need the result to count in increments of 60 unless there is a blank row in
the database. ie, 60 "1", 60 "2", 60 "3", 45
"4".

I hope this makes sence.

Declare for us what a finished palette label should state, as in:

palette 1 60 Pcs or

Pallette 1 of 60

or WHAT?

What increments? The palette number, or the piece count?

Does each palette represent variable piece counts?

boorman

wrote:

Hello, I am currently trying to create either a forumla or macro that will
create a palette count within excel. Each Palette holds a max of 60 boxes.

The database has a row for each box in it but the final pallet has a

variable
amount of boxes on it.

I need the result to count in increments of 60 unless there is a blank row

in
the database. ie, 60 "1", 60 "2", 60 "3", 45
"4".

I hope this makes sence.

Declare for us what a finished palette label should state, as in:

palette 1 60 Pcs or

Pallette 1 of 60

or WHAT?

What increments? The palette number, or the piece count?

Does each palette represent variable piece counts?

HI and thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

THe labels need to read Palett 1 of 12, 2 of 12, 3 of 12. THey need to go up
by
1 when 60 rows of data are matched. a blank row has been inserted into the DB
between Stock types so the forumal/macro would need to stop a nd restart at
each
blank row.

I hope this helps.