TJMAURO

Default In Excel, change phone from 555-555-5555 to 5555555555?

I am trying to change data listed in a phone number style of 555-555-5555. I
need to eliminate the "-" so that the cells look like this: 5555555555.
Thanks!
Dave R.

use =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") or find and replace - with ""

"TJMAURO" wrote in message
I am trying to change data listed in a phone number style of 555-555-5555.

need to eliminate the "-" so that the cells look like this: 5555555555.
Thanks!

Anne Troy

It depends. If the hyphens are due to cell formatting, just change the
format of the cells by going to Format--Cells and choose Text instead of
Phone number. If there are hyphens in the cells, just select the column and
hit Ctrl+H. Type a hyphen into the Find What box, and don't put anything in
the Replace with box, and hit Replace all.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"TJMAURO" wrote in message
I am trying to change data listed in a phone number style of 555-555-5555.

need to eliminate the "-" so that the cells look like this: 5555555555.
Thanks!

doltish

Simply select the column that has hte phone numbers in it, go to Edit,
then Find...

In the Find window hit hte Replace button. This will allow you to
replace the "-" character with nothing.

--
doltish
doltish's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24799