-   -   HOW MANY 'IF CONDITIONS' CAN BE USED IN ONE SUCH USAGE? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33233-how-many-if-conditions-can-used-one-such-usage.html)

Use of 'IFs' in MS Excel.

HOW MANY 'IF CONDITIONS' CAN BE USED IN ONE SUCH USAGE?

I have 5 by 7 matrix. If I use If statement it becomes to long. Will MS-Excel
accept any number of 'IFs'? If so, how many 'IFs' can I use?
Thanks

Hi

Usually if you are nearing the maximum number of nested IFs (which is 7)
there are better ways to get to what you want! Post what you have and what
you are trying to achieve in detail and I'm sure you'll get some
suggestions.

--
Andy.

"Use of 'IFs' in MS Excel." <Use of 'IFs' in MS
wrote in message
I have 5 by 7 matrix. If I use If statement it becomes to long. Will
MS-Excel
accept any number of 'IFs'? If so, how many 'IFs' can I use?
Thanks

Jerry W. Lewis

The limit is 7 nested functions (IF or otherwise), which is clearly
documented in Help for "Excel specifications and limits" subtopic
"Calculation specifications"

Jerry

Use of 'IFs' in MS Excel. wrote:

I have 5 by 7 matrix. If I use If statement it becomes to long. Will MS-Excel
accept any number of 'IFs'? If so, how many 'IFs' can I use?
Thanks

TMinter

?B?VXNlIG9mICdJRnMnIGluIE1TIEV4Y2VsLg==?= Wrote:
I have 5 by 7 matrix. If I use If statement it becomes to long. Will
MS-Excel
accept any number of 'IFs'? If so, how many 'IFs' can I use?
Thanks

You can nest 7 If statements in one calculation

--
TMinterPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access