-   -   If Statement Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33157-if-statement-problem.html)

TB via OfficeKB.com

If Statement Problem

I am trying to update a spreadsheet with if statements. I have done well in
the past but this one is puzzling. I am trying the following statement =IF
(B7=AX,F7*2.95%,"NA") and it isn't working. It will work fine if I replace
the AX with numeric characters. Does any of the Excel gods know how I can
either fix this or have a work around?

Thanks!!!!

Anne Troy

Text must have quotes.
=IF(B7="AX",F7*.0295,"NA")
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"TB via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
I am trying to update a spreadsheet with if statements. I have done well

in
the past but this one is puzzling. I am trying the following statement

=IF
(B7=AX,F7*2.95%,"NA") and it isn't working. It will work fine if I

replace
the AX with numeric characters. Does any of the Excel gods know how I can
either fix this or have a work around?

Thanks!!!!

Bill Kuunders

Not God but