-   -   Copy Data to Another Worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33097-copy-data-another-worksheet.html)

Craley76

Copy Data to Another Worksheet

I am trying to create a workbook that would be better in Acess but I need to
have it done in Excel. So. Here is what it looks like:

3 worksheets (tabs)

Tab1 Tab 2 Tab 3

Tab 1 (Worksheet 1)

Name InforA Catagory
Joe Smith Information A
Ima Lone Informatoin B

Tab2 - Catagory A

Name InfoA
Joe Smith

Tab3 - Catagory B
Name InfoA
Ima Lone Information

I would like to be able to enter informaiton in Tab 1. depending on what is
selected in the catagory field would determine which worksheet the row of
information would be copied too. Can this be done?

GeorgeF

I have a similar problem for which. I never received a magical
all-purpose answer. However, I have related sheets on a cell by cell
basis. In your application it would be placing an equation in the
appropriate cells in Tabs 2 & 3 that would check for certain
information in Tab 1 and if found would display that info in those
cells in Tab 2 &/or Tab 3. Example: In Tab 2, cell D5,
--=IF(Tab1!A4="Text",Tab1!A4,"")--

--
GeorgeF
GeorgeF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24124