-   -   can I use GO TO results in a formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33094-can-i-use-go-results-formula.html)

having eXceLed, I now want aXeS

can I use GO TO results in a formula?

start point: formula in col. B
directions: go to col. A, step upward 'til reach non-blank cell
end point: use contents of $A# inside the formula

I can physically find the required data using Go To (or even [End] +
arrow-up key)
but how can a get a formula to do this? or do I need a macro?

Biff

Hi!

This formula will retuen the last value in column A within the range
A1:A100:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A1:A100)),A1:A100)

Note: cannot use the entire column as the range argument - A:A

Biff