-   -   Countif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/33078-countif.html)

DG

Countif

Is there a way to select a range and count the number of cells that have a
number, but the column before di not have a number? In other words I am
doing a waterfall chart and I need to count the number of new additions in
each cloumn.

KL

Hi DG,

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="")*(B1:B100<""))

Regards,
KL

"DG" wrote in message
Is there a way to select a range and count the number of cells that have a
number, but the column before di not have a number? In other words I am
doing a waterfall chart and I need to count the number of new additions in
each cloumn.

DG

Thanks KL I will try it.

"KL" wrote:

Hi DG,

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="")*(B1:B100<""))

Regards,
KL

"DG" wrote in message
Is there a way to select a range and count the number of cells that have a
number, but the column before di not have a number? In other words I am
doing a waterfall chart and I need to count the number of new additions in
each cloumn.

DG

Okay perfect, that gave me the count. Is there a way to sum the numbers that
it represents as well? I know that I have 1000 new entries, but those
entries could be anywhere from 10 to 1000, how do I calculate the total?

"DG" wrote:

Thanks KL I will try it.

"KL" wrote:

Hi DG,

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="")*(B1:B100<""))

Regards,
KL

"DG" wrote in message
Is there a way to select a range and count the number of cells that have a
number, but the column before di not have a number? In other words I am
doing a waterfall chart and I need to count the number of new additions in
each cloumn.

KL

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="")*(B1:B100<"")*B1:B100)

Regards,
KL

"DG" wrote in message
Okay perfect, that gave me the count. Is there a way to sum the numbers
that
it represents as well? I know that I have 1000 new entries, but those
entries could be anywhere from 10 to 1000, how do I calculate the total?

"DG" wrote:

Thanks KL I will try it.

"KL" wrote:

Hi DG,

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="")*(B1:B100<""))

Regards,
KL

"DG" wrote in message
Is there a way to select a range and count the number of cells that
have a
number, but the column before di not have a number? In other words I
am
doing a waterfall chart and I need to count the number of new
additions in
each cloumn.

DG

Thanks KL! Right again!

"DG" wrote in message
Okay perfect, that gave me the count. Is there a way to sum the numbers
that
it represents as well? I know that I have 1000 new entries, but those
entries could be anywhere from 10 to 1000, how do I calculate the total?

"DG" wrote:

Thanks KL I will try it.

"KL" wrote:

Hi DG,

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="")*(B1:B100<""))

Regards,
KL

"DG" wrote in message
Is there a way to select a range and count the number of cells that
have a
number, but the column before di not have a number? In other words I
am
doing a waterfall chart and I need to count the number of new
additions in
each cloumn.

DG

I spoke to soon, I am getting the #Value error. Any other suggestions??

"DG" wrote in message
Okay perfect, that gave me the count. Is there a way to sum the numbers
that
it represents as well? I know that I have 1000 new entries, but those
entries could be anywhere from 10 to 1000, how do I calculate the total?

"DG" wrote:

Thanks KL I will try it.

"KL" wrote:

Hi DG,