-   -   typing mistaken for date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/32951-typing-mistaken-date-format.html)

Excel Probs

typing mistaken for date format

My data entry keeps being mistaken for a date entry and cannot be entered
normally.

Also How could I insert a dash with out excel thinking that its a formular?

My last question is when using the footer...How can I make sure the pages
are labeled from eg. 1- 14. with the footer as page 1 of 14 and so on for
all the sheets in the workbook..?

Thankyou!

R.VENKATARAMAN

start your entry with an apostrophe <' e.g. '12-23