-   -   Excel 2002 "Protect Sheet", but Allow "Insert Comments"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/32868-excel-2002-%22protect-sheet%22-but-allow-%22insert-comments%22.html)

VP Safe

Excel 2002 "Protect Sheet", but Allow "Insert Comments"?

When using MS Excel 2002: I have turned on "Protect Sheet" to protect some
formulas from being deleted. Prior to turning on protection I unlocked the
cells that I wanted users to be able to edit. And I have checked the box to
"Allow all users of this worksheet to:" "Select Locked Cells; Select Unlocked
Cells; Format cells; ".

What I *don't* see on the "Protect Sheet" menu is an option to "Allow all
users of this worksheet to: INSERT COMMENTS into unlocked cells.

Do you know of any way that I can allow users to do this, without turning
off the protection in MS Excel 2002?

Dave Peterson

Check the "Edit Objects" button.

--

Dave Peterson

VP Safe

Thanks - your answer to this question worked also! Thank you so much!