-   -   Change Cell Color if in current Month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/32862-change-cell-color-if-current-month.html)

Leslie

Change Cell Color if in current Month

I have months written in the top row (i.e. Jan., Feb. Mar. Apr...etc.) If I
am in the current month I want the month's cell color to turn yellow and the
text to be black, if not in the current month, I want the cell color black
and text white. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Ron de Bruin

Hi Leslie

Use CF
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

If you need more help post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Leslie" wrote in message ...
I have months written in the top row (i.e. Jan., Feb. Mar. Apr...etc.) If I
am in the current month I want the month's cell color to turn yellow and the
text to be black, if not in the current month, I want the cell color black
and text white. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Becky

I'd be inclined to put the current month as part of the title, then do
conditional formatting to cjange the colour of the cell.

"Leslie" wrote:

I have months written in the top row (i.e. Jan., Feb. Mar. Apr...etc.) If I
am in the current month I want the month's cell color to turn yellow and the
text to be black, if not in the current month, I want the cell color black
and text white. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Leslie

I put the date in one cell, A3 and formated it just showing the month and
then did a conditional format that was =A3-Jun and it didn't work. I'm new to
this, can you tell me how I need to enter my condition. Thanks.

"Leslie" wrote:

I have months written in the top row (i.e. Jan., Feb. Mar. Apr...etc.) If I
am in the current month I want the month's cell color to turn yellow and the
text to be black, if not in the current month, I want the cell color black
and text white. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

LanceB

Select entire range
In format conditional formats - Formula is dropdown

=TEXT(NOW(),"MMM") = A$1
set your patterns and fonts

where A1 = Jan

=TEXT(NOW(),"MMM") creates the string "Jun" as now() is Jun
A$1 will set the conditions in column A to change if the value in A1 =
todays month

Column F will properly refer to F$1 and produce the pattern because F1 would
be Jun

Lance

"Leslie" wrote:

I have months written in the top row (i.e. Jan., Feb. Mar. Apr...etc.) If I
am in the current month I want the month's cell color to turn yellow and the
text to be black, if not in the current month, I want the cell color black
and text white. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Leslie

Thanks very much. What would the formula look like to say the Month DOES NOT
equal the date. I'd like this as a second condition so I can make it a
different color.

"Leslie" wrote:

I have months written in the top row (i.e. Jan., Feb. Mar. Apr...etc.) If I
am in the current month I want the month's cell color to turn yellow and the
text to be black, if not in the current month, I want the cell color black
and text white. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Leslie

Lance, I tried it but I couldn't get it to work. In A1 I have =Now()
formatted as Jun. Am I doing something wrong. Thanks.