-   -   how do i cumulatively add in a single column? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/32796-how-do-i-cumulatively-add-single-column.html)

frustrated

how do i cumulatively add in a single column?

doing my head in here!...2 hrs later...all i want to do is key in a $ amount
down a cloumn and have it change the amount after i add the new amount so
that i dont have to go between calculator and key board...can someone
pleeeease help...im tearing my hair out here and the instructions in help are
vague and dont work!!...very very angry. thanks

Dr. Nonverbal

If you're restricted to a single column, your best bet might be to simply put
a sum statement at the top of the column (e.g., sum(a1:a5000)) and freeze the
top row (i.e., highlight the second row in your worksheet, go to WINDOW -
FREEZE PANES). That will keep your sum statement where you can see it as you
add data to your worksheet.

If you can use a second column, it makes life much easier. Others may be
able to come up with more elegant solutions.

Good luck -

David