-   -   IF Function maybe? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/32627-if-function-maybe.html)

Rat

IF Function maybe?

I want to set up a roster for my wife to use at work.
I have a list of names with the adjacent cells containing a number.
Fred 1
Bob 2
Ben 3
And so on ....
I would like to be able to put one of these numbers in a cell which will
make another cell show the corresponding name. Ie put the number 1 in cell B4
and have cell B5 change to fred, or put the number 2 in B4 and have B5 change
to Bob ... and so on.

Odie

have you tried the Vlookup function