-   -   Worksheet data function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/32244-worksheet-data-function.html)

srumsey

Worksheet data function

Hello - Thanks in advance for your help. I have monthly stock market
performance numbers and someone wants them to be converted to estimated daily
values. For example, if the index went up 5% one month, he wants daily
figures to show (5% / 21 business days) for each business day of the month.
So each day for 21 days would show .238% change each day to simulate 5% per
month.

I have one column with month-end dates (i.e. 12/31/02, 1/31/03, 2/28/03,
etc.) from 1985 to the present. Column B has month-end values starting with
100 in the first cell (i.e. 100, 101, 100, 103, 104, 106, etc....no
pattern...it's a stock market index). Here is my dilemna: I need to
calculate the monthly change in the index (I already did that - that's column
C) and then divide that by 21 (to estimate the number of business days each
month) to get an estimated daily change. Then, I need to fill those daily
values in column D. So, coulmn D will end up with 5,000 cells, for each
business day for the last 20 years.

Hope this makes sense. The worksheet should show 240 monthly values and
5040 (240 * 21) daily values.