-   -   Problem adding a range using Sumif function. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/31955-problem-adding-range-using-sumif-function.html)

vrk1

Problem adding a range using Sumif function.

When I execute the formula,

{=SUMIF(Goal!A:A, $B$3 Goal!$H:$J)}

I am expecting this function to sum the Range Hx:Jy
where x is the starting value where B3 is found in A:A and y is the end value.

Instead, what I am seeing is this only sums Column H and not Column I and
Column J.

How do I solve this problem?

Domenic

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT((Goal!A1:A100=$B$3)*Goal!$H$1:$J$100)

Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't accept whole column references.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"vrk1" wrote:

When I execute the formula,

{=SUMIF(Goal!A:A, $B$3 Goal!$H:$J)}

I am expecting this function to sum the Range Hx:Jy
where x is the starting value where B3 is found in A:A and y is the end value.

Instead, what I am seeing is this only sums Column H and not Column I and
Column J.

How do I solve this problem?

vrk1

That resolved my problem! Thanks for the quick response!