-   -   Loosing Zeros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/31738-loosing-zeros.html)

Axim Relaxing

Loosing Zeros

Hi

I have recently imputed on an excel sheet. Example 000123. When I press
return I loose the zeros. What can I do to stop this? I am told that if
I format the cell to text this won’t happen BUT… I will not be able to
apply any calculations to that cell.

I would like to still have the option to apply calculations. Is there a
solution?

Thanks

--
Axim Relaxing

Anne Troy

Try this, Axim. You'll want the format option.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Axim Relaxing" wrote in
message om...

Hi

I have recently imputed on an excel sheet. Example 000123. When I press
return I loose the zeros. What can I do to stop this? I am told that if
I format the cell to text this won’t happen BUT… I will not be able to
apply any calculations to that cell.

I would like to still have the option to apply calculations. Is there a
solution?

Thanks

--
Axim Relaxing

swatsp0p

see this post...

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=380918

adjust the format to the number of zero places you need....

Good Luck

Bruce

--
swatsp0p