-   -   How to input additional text to multiple of existing cells that has text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/31618-how-input-additional-text-multiple-existing-cells-has-text.html)

[email protected]

How to input additional text to multiple of existing cells that has text

I have a list of items for inventory and would like to add the text
"CAB - " to the beginning existing cells already created. For example:

ALREADY CREATED:
car
truck
scooter

Changed to:
CAB - car
CAB - truck
CAB - scooter

This is for inventory naming. I'm sure there is an easy way and not
have to manually do it.

Thanks!

RagDyer

One way -
With original data starting in A1, enter this in B1:

=IF(A1<"","CAB - "&A1,"")

And copy down as needed.

If you wish to delete the Text formula, and leave the data behind, select
the Column B cells, and right click in the selection.
Choose "Copy".
Right click again, and choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Values", then <OK, then <Esc.

--
HTH,

RD

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a list of items for inventory and would like to add the text
"CAB - " to the beginning existing cells already created. For example:

ALREADY CREATED:
car
truck
scooter

Changed to:
CAB - car
CAB - truck
CAB - scooter

This is for inventory naming. I'm sure there is an easy way and not
have to manually do it.

Thanks!

Dave Peterson

Maybe use a helper column of formulas:

=if(a1="","","CAB - " & A1)

Then copy it down the column.

If you want, you can edit|copy, edit|paste special|values and delete the first
column.