-   -   i want to use the =if function to apply a colour to other cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/31543-i-want-use-%3Dif-function-apply-colour-other-cells.html)

pookie1970

i want to use the =if function to apply a colour to other cells

basically i want o be able to change the cell colour of other cells depending
on a numbered code.

for example cell A1 has '1' then colour all cells b1..z1 in 'red'

I want to be able to apply this to other numbers and use other colours.

any ideas?? I have tried conditional formatting but that relates to a
specific cell value.

bj

in conditional formating, use formula is rather than value is.