-   -   Drop down lists are displaying end of list, how to make it top? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/31354-drop-down-lists-displaying-end-list-how-make-top.html)

LynnSouthan

Drop down lists are displaying end of list, how to make it top?

I have data validation on fields tied to lists, but when opened the last line
of the list (in my case a blank as entire column defined) is displayed, and
the user would always have to arrow up to see the list items.

Debra Dalgleish

Instead of including blank cells, you could use a dynamic range as the
list source. There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

LynnSouthan

Thank you so much. Not sure where things got crossed between names and lists
and ..... but this looks better. Appreciate your help.

LynnSouthan wrote:
I have data validation on fields tied to lists, but when opened the last line
of the list (in my case a blank as entire column defined) is displayed, and
the user would always have to arrow up to see the list items.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome. I'm glad it looks better now.