-   -   If statement for text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/31185-if-statement-text.html)

decanno04

If statement for text

I have a conditional format in cell d18. If d18=green, then the text is
green. If d18=red, then text is red. I want to have the same kind of formula
for the E cells. Something like: If d18=green, then c18 characters is green.
If d18=red, then c18 characters is red.

Bob Phillips

Use a formula of =$D18="green"

--

HTH

RP

"decanno04" wrote in message
I have a conditional format in cell d18. If d18=green, then the text is
green. If d18=red, then text is red. I want to have the same kind of

formula
for the E cells. Something like: If d18=green, then c18 characters is

green.
If d18=red, then c18 characters is red.

CLR

Assuming the "E cells" was a type-o, this procedure will Conditionally
Format C18

Select C18, then do Format ConditionalFormatting and Condition 1
settings as follows
Formula Is =D18="green"
then press the Format button and select the Font tab and choose GREEN color
OK

Then click the Add button and Condition 2 settings as follows
Formula Is =D18="Red"
then press the Format button and select the Font tab and choose RED color
OK

Vaya cn Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3