-   -   Pivot table Data refresh (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/31170-pivot-table-data-refresh.html)

SSD1

Pivot table Data refresh

I have a Pivot table with 40 names. Each has some numeric data in columns.
The names and data are extracted from other worsheets in the same workbook.
The Pivot table is then used to produce a Pivot Chart.

When I delete the names and data to start a new analysis I refresh the Pivot
Table and the Pivot Chart but the names still remain on the field name drop
down box. How can i remove these permanently?
--
SSD1

Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for clearing old items from the dropdown lists:

SSD1 wrote:
I have a Pivot table with 40 names. Each has some numeric data in columns.
The names and data are extracted from other worsheets in the same workbook.
The Pivot table is then used to produce a Pivot Chart.

When I delete the names and data to start a new analysis I refresh the Pivot
Table and the Pivot Chart but the names still remain on the field name drop
down box. How can i remove these permanently?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

SSD1

SSD1 wrote:
I have a Pivot table with 40 names. Each has some numeric data in columns.
The names and data are extracted from other worsheets in the same workbook.
The Pivot table is then used to produce a Pivot Chart.

When I delete the names and data to start a new analysis I refresh the Pivot
Table and the Pivot Chart but the names still remain on the field name drop
down box. How can i remove these permanently?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Many thnaks, tried this solution abd it works.

GD SSD1