-   -   display multiple lines of text within a merged cell automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30783-display-multiple-lines-text-within-merged-cell-automatically.html)

sssizemore

display multiple lines of text within a merged cell automatically

I m trying to get my excel spreadsheet to automatically display several
sentences in a merged cell. It is really frustrating me as I have yet to find
out how to do this. I can get the sentences to display automatically if the
cells aren't meged by wrapping the text, but once I merge the cells it will
not automatically wrap the text even though the wrap text option is selected.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vasant Nanavati

Sorry if this is not helpful, bit avoid merged cells! There are almost no
good reasons to use them. Use Center Across Selection instead (Format |
Cells | Alignment).

--

Vasant