-   -   Querying data from Access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30597-querying-data-access.html)

Steve J

Querying data from Access

Hi I am trying to set up a worksheet querying data from an Access database
on our network.

I have set up three colums Ok - this data comes from tables.
I am trying to set up the final column, but this data needs to come from a
query within Access. I have set up a separate datasource in ODBC and when i
link to the query I am getting either "cannot connect to datasource on my C
drive" whereas i have set the datasource from our F drive, or else I get a
message that the Query editor acnnot access by Query on the F drive.

Can anyone help why it works with tables, but not with queries

thanks