-   -   Pivot Table not Updating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30475-pivot-table-not-updating.html)

Ranelle

Pivot Table not Updating

Hi,
I have a asp.net program that sends data from a datagrid into an
existing excel file with a pivot table. the data comes in fine. i also
have a macro so that when i activate the pivot sheet, the pivot table
automatically refreshes.
For the data items in my pivot table, i have the field summarized by
sum. Problem is, when the pivot table is refreshed, that data field is
not updated. it just displays 0's. if i summarize the field by count,
that works but i want to summarize by sum. the only way i get the
values to come into the pivot table, is if i manually re-enter each
value in the column of the data sheet.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Ranelle