-   -   Replace "-" with "0" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30375-replace-%22-%22-%220%22.html)

Steved

Replace "-" with "0"

Hello from Steved

I have a formula =Inward!B5

ok it gets the value 1-100-1
Can I please add to above formula to change the - to 0
which will give me 1010001.

Thankyou.

Domenic

Try...

=SUBSTITUTE(Inward!B5,"-","0")

....which will return the number as a text value. If you want to return
it as a numeric value, try the following instead...

=SUBSTITUTE(Inward!B5,"-","0")+0

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Steved wrote:

Hello from Steved

I have a formula =Inward!B5

ok it gets the value 1-100-1
Can I please add to above formula to change the - to 0
which will give me 1010001.

Thankyou.

Steved

Excellent and thankyou very much.