-   -   keep totals from month to month? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30340-keep-totals-month-month.html)

cobbbbbb

keep totals from month to month?

I'm not sure if I can explain this right, but here goes.............
I have a running total per month on one worksheet that gets added to a
monthly total on another worksheet. My question is, is there a way to
make the total on wrksht1 advance to the next cell in line on wrksht2
when the date changes monthly?
In other words I want to reset the total and advance to the next cell
only when I change months. Look at pictures maybe that will
help...........

|Filename: Image2.gif |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3481 |

cobbbbbb
cobbbbbb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24221
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378384

Don Guillett

you can use the MAX function to find the last date and then use that in an
INDEX function. Look in HELP index for help on the functions.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"cobbbbbb" wrote in
message ...

I'm not sure if I can explain this right, but here goes.............
I have a running total per month on one worksheet that gets added to a
monthly total on another worksheet. My question is, is there a way to
make the total on wrksht1 advance to the next cell in line on wrksht2
when the date changes monthly?
In other words I want to reset the total and advance to the next cell
only when I change months. Look at pictures maybe that will
help...........

|Filename: Image2.gif |
|Download:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3481 |

cobbbbbb
cobbbbbb's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378384

duane

not sure if am reading the question right, but it looks to me like you
keep adding data accross the months in one row on one sheet, changing
the "date" and data every time. You want to freeze the total on the
2nd sheet when you change the "date". I think the only way to do this
is have a date associated with the input data - maybe row by row. Then
you can easily add up the data associated with the input month

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378384