-   -   How do I tab within a column using the tab key? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30254-how-do-i-tab-within-column-using-tab-key.html)

marilyn

How do I tab within a column using the tab key?

How do I move down a line without leaving the row I am working in and without
using the spacebar to move over until it drops down a line:

I want to have a title and then several listings under that, all in the same
row?

Alan

Try 'Tools' 'Options' 'Edit' and change 'Move To Right' (which is the
default) to 'Down'
Don't forget to change it back as this is a global setting and will stay
like this on all workbooks.
It can be easily done using code via the WorkBook_Open or WorkBook_Activate
event, post back if you want this,
Regards,
Alan.
"marilyn" wrote in message
How do I move down a line without leaving the row I am working in and
without
using the spacebar to move over until it drops down a line:

I want to have a title and then several listings under that, all in the
same
row?

SVC

Try Alt+Enter (this will move your cursor down a 'line" but keep it within
the same row)