-   -   How can I prevent email addresses from automatically hyperlinking. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30247-how-can-i-prevent-email-addresses-automatically-hyperlinking.html)

pistoff

How can I prevent email addresses from automatically hyperlinking.

I want to store email addresses in Excel without necessarily creating
hyperlinks. In my old Excel software, you had to hit enter while you were in
the cell to create a hyperlink, but in this new version (2003) it
automatically hyperlionks the email addresses even when I just click onto a
different cell. Then I have to go back everytime and remove the hyperlink.
Is there a preference I can set to prevent this automatic hyperlinking?

Chip Pearson

Go to the Tools menu, choose AutoCorrect Options, then the "Auto
Format As You Type" tab. There, uncheck the "Internet and network
paths with hyperlinks" setting.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"pistoff" wrote in message
I want to store email addresses in Excel without necessarily
creating
hyperlinks. In my old Excel software, you had to hit enter
while you were in
the cell to create a hyperlink, but in this new version (2003)
it
automatically hyperlionks the email addresses even when I just
click onto a
different cell. Then I have to go back everytime and remove
the hyperlink.
Is there a preference I can set to prevent this automatic
hyperlinking?

pistoff

Chip
THANK YOU!