-   -   Is there a function to change a number to text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30074-there-function-change-number-text.html)

psdunlavy

Is there a function to change a number to text?

I am trying to find a function that will convert numbers to text. For
example: the function will convert $567.87 to Five Hundred Sixty Seven
and 87/100's. Anybody know how to do this?

--
psdunlavy
psdunlavy's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2120

JE McGimpsey

Take a look he

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...numberstowords

In article ,
psdunlavy wrote:

I am trying to find a function that will convert numbers to text. For
example: the function will convert $567.87 to Five Hundred Sixty Seven
and 87/100's. Anybody know how to do this?

dominicb

Good evening psdunlavy

There seems to be quite a demand for this type of function, although
Excel doesn't actually do it as a native function. Some add-ins are
available that once installed will do this (amongst other things) - to
receive my add-in (free to anyone who e-mails me), with instructions on
how to use the function, please send an e-mail to
.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile:

Andy Wiggins

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...s/num2wrds.zip

It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
It contains the "SPELLNUMBER" function, which can be used in your
spreadsheets, two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque
writing routines.

The code is open and commented.
--
Andy Wiggins FCCA