-   -   Why doesn't nesting subtotals work in 2003 version? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/30013-why-doesnt-nesting-subtotals-work-2003-version.html)

Rebecca

Why doesn't nesting subtotals work in 2003 version?

Has anyone else had trouble with nesting subtotals? When I subtotal the
first time it works fine. When I do the second subtotal, excel puts some of
the total below the first sub and some above...so the groupings are all off.
Help! I used to use this function all the time, and manually takes too much
time.

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 2003 has a known subtotal bug

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831824/

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Rebecca" wrote:

Has anyone else had trouble with nesting subtotals? When I subtotal the
first time it works fine. When I do the second subtotal, excel puts some of
the total below the first sub and some above...so the groupings are all off.
Help! I used to use this function all the time, and manually takes too much
time.

Rebecca

Is there any work-around or do you have suggestions for another solution?

Thanks.

"Rebecca" wrote:

Has anyone else had trouble with nesting subtotals? When I subtotal the
first time it works fine. When I do the second subtotal, excel puts some of
the total below the first sub and some above...so the groupings are all off.
Help! I used to use this function all the time, and manually takes too much
time.

Peo Sjoblom

I gave you the only solution there is

Peo Sjoblom