-   -   Wildcards in Functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29999-wildcards-functions.html)

Graeme Crook

Wildcards in Functions

I am aware that Wildcards can't be used in IF statements, but can't
think of a way round this problem, and would appreciate some help.

The following function works as I want it to:
=SUM(-H25-IF(G25=-0.25,ROUNDDOWN(G25,0),G25))

However, I would like to change the 0.25 to *.25 as any number could
end in the .25, and if it does I want to round it down for the purposes
of the calculation. The only question is how can this be done, when
wildcards can't be used?!

Thanks,
Graeme

--
Graeme Crook

[email protected]

Graeme -

IF(TRUNC(ABS(G25))-ABS(G25)=-0.25,...

Good Luck, Hash (you sure it's minus .025 that you want?)