-   -   Taking data from 3 different cells and adding the components toget (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29997-taking-data-3-different-cells-adding-components-toget.html)

Dubbs

Taking data from 3 different cells and adding the components toget

Cell 1 Cell 2 Cell 3 Result
HRB HRBJ05C60.00 L HRB JL
HRB HRBR05P55.00 K HRB RK

I want to enter a formla to get the "Result" From Cell 1 take HRB, from
Cell 2 take the J (the fourth character), from cell 3 take the letter shown.
In Cell 4 the Result, I need to display HRB JL. There needs to be a space
between the B and the J.

Jason Morin

=A1&" "&MID(B1,4,1)&C1

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"Dubbs" wrote:

Cell 1 Cell 2 Cell 3 Result
HRB HRBJ05C60.00 L HRB JL
HRB HRBR05P55.00 K HRB RK

I want to enter a formla to get the "Result" From Cell 1 take HRB, from
Cell 2 take the J (the fourth character), from cell 3 take the letter shown.
In Cell 4 the Result, I need to display HRB JL. There needs to be a space
between the B and the J.

Mangesh Yadav

=A1&" "&MID(B1,4,1)&C1

Mangesh

"Dubbs" wrote in message
Cell 1 Cell 2 Cell 3 Result
HRB HRBJ05C60.00 L HRB JL
HRB HRBR05P55.00 K HRB RK

I want to enter a formla to get the "Result" From Cell 1 take HRB, from
Cell 2 take the J (the fourth character), from cell 3 take the letter

shown.
In Cell 4 the Result, I need to display HRB JL. There needs to be a space
between the B and the J.

Dubbs

For some reason it didnt like it. Excel is Excel right? Does it matter what
version I have? It took =A18" "&C1 to give me HRB L. I am guessing the
MID(B1,4,1) is where I am screwing it up

"Jason Morin" wrote:

=A1&" "&MID(B1,4,1)&C1

HTH
Jason