-   -   Challenging Duplicate Question... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29856-challenging-duplicate-question.html)

rae820

Challenging Duplicate Question...

I have worksheet A with column A with e-mail
)...
In worksheet B column A with URL's:
www.somewhere.com----

I would like to check worksheet A e-mail addresses against the URL's of
worksheet B...meaning somehow come up with a function to display in
column B of worksheet A "ADVERTISER".

So in theory, I have to use something like
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:a1,A1)1, "ADVERTISER", "Non-advertiser"
but gear it to after the @ in worksheet A. And since all the e-mail
addresses are different, can't use character count. It would also
reference the URL's in workshhet B and since they are all www. I could
use character count or something...

If someone could HELP me, I would be so thankful. :)

--
rae820
rae820's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24135

Duke Carey

Why not just split the e-mail addresses by using
DataText-To-ColumnsDelimited and telling Excel to use the @ sign as the
delimiter. Then you'd have the domain name separately & you could prefix it
with the WWW. if you wanted to, in order to simplify the comparisons.

"rae820" wrote:

[...]

thank you so much. I guess I didn't look at it like that at all. Just
needed to step outside the box on that I guess