-   -   Alternate to Lookup? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29715-alternate-lookup.html)

klm96

Alternate to Lookup?

I need to look up a value in Column A, and report the corresponding value
from corresponding column C. If the value is not found in A, I want some
sort of error message or text to indicate this result. "If LOOKUP can't find
the lookup_value, it matches the largest value in lookup_vector that is less
than or equal to lookup_value", this would be misleading. I should mention
that I am looking between two worksheets with this one.

Thanks

R.VENKATARAMAN

if it is vlookup have you tried using the last argument in vlookup formula
as <false

klm96 wrote in message
I need to look up a value in Column A, and report the corresponding value
from corresponding column C. If the value is not found in A, I want some
sort of error message or text to indicate this result. "If LOOKUP can't

find
the lookup_value, it matches the largest value in lookup_vector that is

less
than or equal to lookup_value", this would be misleading. I should

mention
that I am looking between two worksheets with this one.

Thanks

Mangesh Yadav

Use VLOOKUP()
The last argument should be FALSE to indicate that you want an exact match.
Use an IF statement for your desired error message.

Mangesh