-   -   "if" formula to sum several cells... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29523-%22if%22-formula-sum-several-cells.html)

Massimo

"if" formula to sum several cells...

Hi all,

I need to sum some consecutive cells in a row, depending on a number in
another cell.

For instance:
If the cell contains 2 sum A1 + B1
If the cell contains 3 sum A1 + B1 + C1
If the cell contains 4 sum A1 + B1 + C1 + D1
and so on ...

is there a function to do that or vba code needs to be written?

any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Massimo

Mangesh Yadav

Suppose the cell that is supposed to conain 2 or 3 or 4 is A3, then use
formula:

=SUM(A1:OFFSET(A1,0,A3-1))

Mangesh

"Massimo" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need to sum some consecutive cells in a row, depending on a number in
another cell.

For instance:
If the cell contains 2 sum A1 + B1
If the cell contains 3 sum A1 + B1 + C1
If the cell contains 4 sum A1 + B1 + C1 + D1
and so on ...

is there a function to do that or vba code needs to be written?

any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Massimo

RagDyeR

With the cell of reference being C1, try this:

=SUM(A1:INDEX(A:A,C1))

--

HTH,

RD

"Massimo" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need to sum some consecutive cells in a row, depending on a number in
another cell.

For instance:
If the cell contains 2 sum A1 + B1
If the cell contains 3 sum A1 + B1 + C1
If the cell contains 4 sum A1 + B1 + C1 + D1
and so on ...

is there a function to do that or vba code needs to be written?

any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Massimo

Massimo