-   -   Adding By Color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29472-adding-color.html)

GR

Adding By Color

I have a row of numbers, some black and some blue. Is it possible to set up
a formula to look at the entire row and (i) return the sum of only the black
numbers and (ii) update the sum each time I change the color of a number
from blue to black? If so, I would appreciate guidance!
Thank you,
GR

dominicb

Good evening GR

Chip Pearson discusses this very subject on his website:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

It's not that difficult a thing to do and it's well documented. If you
can't fathom it out, I have a free add in available that has something
similar as a function. If you would like this please send an e-mail to
.

HTH

DominicB

--