-   -   Macro Filldown (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29428-macro-filldown.html)

Hirsch

Macro Filldown

Dim rngDataRange As Range

Set rngDataRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Offset(4, 5).Resize(, 1)
Cells(5, 6).Copy rngDataRange.Cells(1, 1)
rngDataRange.FillDown

End Sub

Above is a simple macro filling down a formula from cell F5. I'm running
into a problem where it exceeds my list by 4 lines. How can I prevent this.
My goal is to have rows 1-4 blank and the fill down end at the last piece of
information.

Thanks in advance.

Duke Carey

Change your resize command from

..Resize(, 1) to
..Resize(usedrange.rows.count-4, 1)

"Hirsch" wrote:

Dim rngDataRange As Range

Set rngDataRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Offset(4, 5).Resize(, 1)
Cells(5, 6).Copy rngDataRange.Cells(1, 1)
rngDataRange.FillDown

End Sub

Above is a simple macro filling down a formula from cell F5. I'm running
into a problem where it exceeds my list by 4 lines. How can I prevent this.
My goal is to have rows 1-4 blank and the fill down end at the last piece of
information.

Thanks in advance.

Hirsch

I'm not sure what the error is in the formula. I've applied the resize used
range componnent but now get an error. Listed below is what now have. Did I
miss anything?

Dim rngDataRange As Range

Set rngDataRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Offset(4, 5).Resize
UsedRange.Rows.Count - 4, 1)

"Hirsch" wrote:

Dim rngDataRange As Range

Set rngDataRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Offset(4, 5).Resize(, 1)
Cells(5, 6).Copy rngDataRange.Cells(1, 1)
rngDataRange.FillDown

End Sub

Above is a simple macro filling down a formula from cell F5. I'm running
into a problem where it exceeds my list by 4 lines. How can I prevent this.
My goal is to have rows 1-4 blank and the fill down end at the last piece of
information.

Thanks in advance.

Duke Carey

try

Set rngDataRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Offset(4, 5). _
Resize( activesheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count - 4, 1)

Sorry about not catching that on the first go-round

"Hirsch" wrote:

Dim rngDataRange As Range

Set rngDataRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Offset(4, 5).Resize(, 1)
Cells(5, 6).Copy rngDataRange.Cells(1, 1)
rngDataRange.FillDown

End Sub

Above is a simple macro filling down a formula from cell F5. I'm running
into a problem where it exceeds my list by 4 lines. How can I prevent this.
My goal is to have rows 1-4 blank and the fill down end at the last piece of
information.

Thanks in advance.

Hirsch

Duke,

that was the missing component. Thank you

try