-   -   How do I do a conditional format for numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29344-how-do-i-do-conditional-format-numbers.html)

bowada

How do I do a conditional format for numbers

I want the cell to format "0.00%" if the value is less than 100 and format
"$0" if the value is greater than 100. Conditional format won't format
numbers.

Thanks
-- bowada

Leo Heuser

bowada

Try this custom formatting (in Format Cells Numbers (or similar))
Please notice the double quotes in "%". Try removing them and see,
what happens, when you enter various numbers in the cell.

[<100]0.00"%";[=100]$0

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"bowada" skrev i en meddelelse
I want the cell to format "0.00%" if the value is less than 100 and format
"$0" if the value is greater than 100. Conditional format won't format
numbers.

Thanks
-- bowada

bowada

Thanks for responding. Your suggestion works fine as far as the appearance
is concerned. The only problem is that it doesn't calculate as a percent
when the number format is %.

Can you help with this.

Thanks
--