-   -   IF statement to check cell contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/28371-if-statement-check-cell-contents.html)

Lance Gray

IF statement to check cell contents

I am trying to check the contents of a cell that displays text, but there is
a formula in that cell. When I look for the text in the cell, I get an
error, since I assume that it is really checking the formula and not the text
name that is displayed.
How can I check the text and not the actual formula in the cell?
THanks,
Lance

Bill Kuunders

It will check for the text but you need to encapsulate it in ""

example =if(A2="March",3,"no month entered")

Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K