-   -   Prefill cust info from drop list into other cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/28287-prefill-cust-info-drop-list-into-other-cells.html)

carris76

Prefill cust info from drop list into other cells

I created a drop down list of Cust ID's. I have several cells containing
customer name, address, phone etc. that I want to prefill from the
spreadsheet that my CustID's came from, but I don't know how!

JE McGimpsey

Take a look at VLOOKUP in XL Help.

In article ,
"carris76" wrote:

I created a drop down list of Cust ID's. I have several cells containing
customer name, address, phone etc. that I want to prefill from the
spreadsheet that my CustID's came from, but I don't know how!

Gord Dibben

Sounds like VLOOKUP could do the trick.

For more on that Function see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Also see Debra's site for info on Data Validation lists with drop-down box for
entering the code numbers.

Might be useful.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP