-   -   Countif for specific cells rather than a range ???? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/28045-countif-specific-cells-rather-than-range.html)

Renee - California

Countif for specific cells rather than a range ????

Is this possible? I've created a 25 page worksheet to analyze cases and
dollars for 24 stores. The 25 pages are identical; the first page is a
summary of the region (the other 24 pages or stores).

I'm trying to get the averages on the summary page. So I've summarized by
adding each stores cell reference for whatever item I'm looking at. For
example
=N13+X13+AB13+AH13 etc.
and now to get the average, I want to divide by the number of stores that
are actually carrying that item. So I thought I could do a countif, counting
if the cells in that range are greater than zero. I can't seem to make this
work though.

What should this formula look like... is there an easier way to do this??

Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:45:35 -0700, Renee - California
wrote:

Is this possible? I've created a 25 page worksheet to analyze cases and
dollars for 24 stores. The 25 pages are identical; the first page is a
summary of the region (the other 24 pages or stores).

I'm trying to get the averages on the summary page. So I've summarized by
adding each stores cell reference for whatever item I'm looking at. For
example
=N13+X13+AB13+AH13 etc.
and now to get the average, I want to divide by the number of stores that
are actually carrying that item. So I thought I could do a countif, counting
if the cells in that range are greater than zero. I can't seem to make this
work though.

What should this formula look like... is there an easier way to do this??

COUNTIF is not one of the functions that will function with 3D references.

Option 1: Bring the stores cell reference for each whatever item to some out
of the way spot on your worksheet, or on another single worksheet; then use the
COUNTIF formula to refer to the cells on that sheet.

Option 2: Download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll add-in from
http://xcell05.free.fr/ and use his COUNTIF.3D function which allows 3D