-   -   how do i define a range as a list when there is no list option in. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27663-how-do-i-define-range-list-when-there-no-list-option.html)

Domespacio

how do i define a range as a list when there is no list option in.

im working from a Shelly Cashman text book and one of the steps asks me to
define a range as a list. my problem is, there is no list option in my data
menu. How do i get to the create list option when there is no list option?

Kassie

What? If you have a collection of data in say A1:A200, and you select this
and click on Insert | Name | Define, and give it a name, that is your list.
A range is a collection of data, in a contiguous block, which can span many
rows and or columns. It is also a referred to as a list.

"Domespacio" wrote:

im working from a Shelly Cashman text book and one of the steps asks me to
define a range as a list. my problem is, there is no list option in my data
menu. How do i get to the create list option when there is no list option?

Piranha

Domespacio Wrote:
im working from a Shelly Cashman text book and one of the steps asks me
define a range as a list. my problem is, there is no list option in my
data
menu. How do i get to the create list option when there is no list
option?

Hi,
Are you talking about Nameing a range? If so check here.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm

Or maybe Data Validation?
Excel Help.
thx