-   -   color filled cell invisible on work screen (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27622-color-filled-cell-invisible-work-screen.html)

chances_r

color filled cell invisible on work screen

when i work using excel, i fill cell addresses that are to be modified later
with colors. unforutnately, this excel function is bugging me because i can
no longer see those cells i marked without having it on "print preview".

i tried to make some search on the configurations and function changes that
i may not be aware of i modified but i can't really find the answer or
solution. i even tried reinstalling the whole office package but to my
disppointment, the same proble recurred.

please help.

Debra Dalgleish

If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour.
There's information in the following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List