-   -   Formula including dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27614-formula-including-dates.html)

R L Sandel

Formula including dates

On an Excel spreadsheet, I have numerous columns with dates. How do I write
the formula so that if the dates in Column I OR Column L are before today's
date, it will default to "x" in column C? If the dates in BOTH columns are
after today's date, I want it to default to "a" in column C. Thanks in
advance.

Don Guillett

Have a look in HELP index for using IF in a formula

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"R L Sandel" <R L
wrote in message
On an Excel spreadsheet, I have numerous columns with dates. How do I

write
the formula so that if the dates in Column I OR Column L are before

today's
date, it will default to "x" in column C? If the dates in BOTH columns

are
after today's date, I want it to default to "a" in column C. Thanks in
advance.

JE McGimpsey

What if the dates are today's date?

If "a":

C1: =IF(AND(I1=TODAY(),L1=TODAY()),"a","x")

If "x":

change = to