-   -   conditional if based on a word value... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27536-conditional-if-based-word-value.html)

Carlee

conditional if based on a word value...

Hi there,

I am fairly new to Excel. What I want to do is this:

I have a column named 'Program'. I have another column named 'Amount'.

If 'Program' = "Seed" then sum all entries in the 'Amount' column where
Program = "Seed". Can I do this in excel? If so, how?

Kind Regards,
--
Carlee

Duke Carey

=SUMIF(A2:A500,"Seed",B2:B500)

where cells A2:A500 contain the program names and cells B2:B500 contain the
amounts

"Carlee" wrote:

Hi there,

I am fairly new to Excel. What I want to do is this:

I have a column named 'Program'. I have another column named 'Amount'.

If 'Program' = "Seed" then sum all entries in the 'Amount' column where
Program = "Seed". Can I do this in excel? If so, how?

Kind Regards,
--
Carlee

RagDyeR

If the "Program" column is Column A, and the "Amount" column is Column B,
then try this:

=SUMIF(A:A,"Seed",B:B)
--

HTH,

RD

"Carlee" wrote in message
Hi there,

I am fairly new to Excel. What I want to do is this:

I have a column named 'Program'. I have another column named 'Amount'.

If 'Program' = "Seed" then sum all entries in the 'Amount' column where
Program = "Seed". Can I do this in excel? If so, how?

Kind Regards,
--
Carlee

JE McGimpsey