-   -   Taking data from 3 columns to make the fourth. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/27428-taking-data-3-columns-make-fourth.html)

Jerry Arnone, PMP

Taking data from 3 columns to make the fourth.

I have three columns of data: first name, middle name, last name. I want to
make a fourth column that contains the first letter of the first and middle
name and the entire last name to make a fourth column. example: john edward
smith in the first column and the fourth column would be jesmith.

thanks in advance.
--
Jerry

Jerry Arnone, PMP

I meant to say.....

I have three columns of data: first name, middle name, last name. I want to
make a fourth column that contains the first letter of the first and middle
name and the entire last name to make a fourth column. example: john edward
smith in the first three column and the fourth column would be jesmith.

--
Jerry

"Jerry Arnone, PMP" wrote:

I have three columns of data: first name, middle name, last name. I want to
make a fourth column that contains the first letter of the first and middle
name and the entire last name to make a fourth column. example: john edward
smith in the first column and the fourth column would be jesmith.

thanks in advance.
--
Jerry

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=LEFT(A1,1)&LEFT(B1,1)&C1

Biff

I meant to say.....

"Jerry Arnone, PMP" wrote:

I have three columns of data: first name, middle name, last name. I want
make a fourth column that contains the first letter of the first and
middle
name and the entire last name to make a fourth column. example: john
edward
smith in the first column and the fourth column would be jesmith.

thanks in advance.
--
Jerry

Gord Dibben

Jerry

=LEFT(A1,1)&LEFT(B1,1)&C1 entered in D1 and copied down column D.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

I meant to say.....